Sunday, May 27, 2018

Swish and Flick

Today I introduced my boyfriend to the masterpiece of Harry Potter. No boyfriend of mine will be unfamiliar with the ways of the wizarding world. Before he starting watching the movies, he referred to the golden snitch as the "golden nugget." Nope.
Harry Potter is probably my favorite franchise. Like many people my age, I grew up with it. And, not to brag, I read all the books. People who have only seen the movies don't actually realize how much lore there is to the series. I'm not going to go into it, but for anyone who hasn't read the books, you should. It's an easy read, and it's worth it. So much more to be learned. Rant over.
J.K. Rowling is a big inspiration of mine when it comes to writing. I've been leaning toward trying my hand in fantasy novels and I think she's the perfect role model. I can't even begin to comprehend how she planned out 7 books and managed to connect them all so seemingly seamlessly.
There are other reasons I look up to her. For example, it's always nice to see another woman success in your field of choice. Also, her career didn't take off until her 30s, which is uplifting.
My favorite author, if you're wondering, is Christopher Moore. I adore his books. If you want to give him a go, I'd recommend Coyote Blue, it's my favorite.

Side note: I was sorted into house Ravenclaw (Go Ravens!) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment