Saturday, May 26, 2018

Happy Birthday!

Today is my sister's birthday. This year she is turning 24(?) That's crazy to me. I'm sure it's more crazy to her. Time is weird. People like to say time doesn't really exist, you know, the existentialists. That's the type of thought that gets you lost in your head. However, I think time exists in a way. The Earth does rotate, and it does orbit the Sun. These things indicate the passage of time. So, why say it doesn't exist? Because time wasn't really given a meaning until humans came along? Humans gave meaning to a lot of things. It could be argued that it's all arbitrary, but I don't know. For some reason, I think young people (more specifically young adults) tend to think more about the fleetingness of time more than most. Is it because we're so caught up with success that we're afraid if we don't achieve it sooner rather than later our chances will get slimmer? Because that's what I'm afraid of.
Most authors get published by their late 20s. I'm 21 now, and I can't see myself getting published. Everything I write sounds too vanilla to me. Like no one will care.
Just to name a few (https://electricliterature.com)
This is sounding more depressing than I intended. I'm actually in a good mood today (: happy birthday, sis!

0 comments:

Post a Comment