Monday, March 9, 2020

My Unfortunate Process

A big thanks to all the supporters who read my last post and hopefully got around to reading the article as well! My editor reached out to me recently and informed me that, seeing as they only used a little bit of what I wrote in the article, they want to use the rest of piece in their blog, so that's pretty awesome (: I'll post a link to that when/if it happens. 

I've started to work on my book a little more, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. The only problem is that it's almost impossible for me to work on it while I'm at home. It's pretty much the same logic as not being able to do homework at home - just too many distractions. I like to go to the coffee shop on UNT campus to get my writing done. It's good because it gets me out of the house, it has a nice ambiance for getting work done, and the coffee is good. However, it does mean I have to spend money, so that sucks. There is a "business center" in my apartment complex that I could go to. I've gone there before, but the environment there isn't as good for me. It's really cold and quiet. Plus it's just too close to home, and it's nice to get out. 

I'm thinking of posting a little "sneak peek" of one of my chapters on here to get some feedback. I'm scared to do that, though, because A.) I don't want anyone to steal it, and B.) I like the thrill of having people wait until it actually comes out officially. I have looked into the process of copyrighting my work, but it's pretty complicated and expensive. It seems as though I would need to finish the entirety of the book before I can copyright any of it. So it makes me nervous to put any of it online (even the title!), but we shall see. 

Again, thanks for the views! 

1 comment:

  1. May I offer advice for you as a fellow writer for a local Roofing Company, I would advise waiting on the entirety of the book to be finished and graded if it is to be graded. That way for someone to steal your work and pose it as there own would be less destructive. If not then only post snippets of your favorite parts of the book and leave the rest to our imagination. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete