Thursday, July 19, 2018

What a Day

WHAT a productive day. I went to school this morning, read a little bit, wrote a little bit, went to work, wrote some more, and now I'm blogging. I know it doesn't sound productive, but when you have a passion for writing and go months without doing so, it feels like a big accomplishment to be writing consistently again. And it's not even for school. I mean, some of it is for school, but most of it is for me. I also got a $20 tip at work today, so yay!
I started reading a new book today, which I'm also proud of myself for because I haven't done any recreational reading in awhile. I'm reading Neil deGrasse Tyson's Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, and so far so good. At first I thought it would be a dense read, and hard to get through, but I like it so far. It's very well written, and makes astrophysics seem almost understandable, so job well done Dr. Tyson. There's this one quote in there I really like, "We are stardust brought to life, then empowered by the universe to figure itself out⎯and we have only just begun." Beautiful.
I'm only one chapter in and I highly recommend this book. It's incredible. And for those of you who say I'm speaking too soon... I don't really care.


0 comments:

Post a Comment