Friday, August 31, 2018

Time to Fangirl

Greetings! Last Monday was the first day of the fall semester, and so far it has been successful. My professors are wonderful, and it seems like it will be a productive 3 months. This semester I am taking 4 classes: Sociology: Demography, Advanced Tech Writing, Tech Editing, and Creative Nonfiction Writing. So far, I am pleased with all my classes as well as their syllabi.
Now, on to the topic of this post. For my advanced tech writing course it is required that we conduct an interview of a professional within our field of choice. I would like to be an author one day, so I wanted to interview one. I, unfortunately, don't know many published authors, so I did not have anyone readily available to interview. However, I think I've mentioned before that my favorite author is Christopher Moore. He's wonderful.
So, out on a limb, just for kicks and giggles, I go to his official website where there is an option to e-mail him. So I do. I explain to him how I'm a student wanting to conduct an interview and would like to ask him a few questions. Christopher Moore is a pretty big deal in the world of fiction, so I assumed nothing would come out of it, I just thought it would be fun to try. BUT LOW AND BEHOLD, NOT AN HOUR LATER, he replies, and he says he would be happy to answer any questions I have for him via e-mail. (I did, in fact, offer to chat over Skype or face-to-face even though I have no idea where he lives, but to no avail.)
I start FREAKING out, because I am a HUGE fan of his work and have always wanted to meet/interact with him and now I'm getting to interview him, even if it is electronically. I'm psyched to say the least.

I have sent him my questions and I am eagerly waiting for his response. I will keep y'all updated. 😉

0 comments:

Post a Comment