Monday, June 4, 2018

First Day of the Semester

Today I started the summer semester. And I am frightened. At first I thought, "this will be a piece of cake; it's only one month long." False. It will be awful. I have an assignment/quiz/test nearly every single day because of how little time there is in the semester. There won't be a single day this summer where I won't be doing homework or reading from a textbook. So this is my life now. I've already finished everything for today, but it's only the first day, so there wasn't much to do.
The classes I am taking as of right now are technical writing and ASL 3. I don't know which class I'm most nervous for. Probably technical writing, just because my professor said her average grade was a B. I'm typically an A student, so challenge accepted. On this first day of class, we had to write a memo. Pretty easy stuff, only one page long. My ASL professor is pretty awesome. He's quite funny and I'm thinking I could make an A in his class. Although I haven't practiced sign language in over a year. This will be a grand summer, indeed.
Here's something kind of funny, in my ASL class, which is my first class of the day, someone pulled the fire alarm. This was in the Business Leadership Building (BLB) at University of North Texas (UNT). It's a pretty big building, so lots of people outside. Whoever pulled that alarm must've really not liked his/her class.  It was a great way to start off the semester.
There is something my tech comm. professor shared with the class today. It's a commencement speech called "This is Water" by David Foster Wallace. He delivered this speech at Kenyon College and it really is awesome. I promise it's not boring. It has some humor and is very insightful and inspiring. So, if you feel so inclined, you should listen to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=8CrOL-ydFMI
Don't know if I'll be blogging as much since apparently I'll be super duper busy, but as a writer who doesn't write, I shall try.
Found this gem in my textbook. I always thought redundancy and repetition meant the same thing. Regardless, avoid both I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment